Global Indian Film Festival- Mumbai – Eligibility Regulations
- All films / documentaries shot on film or Video (Analog / Digital format) between January 2016 to August 2018 within a running duration of 30 seconds to 180 minutes are eligible for the festival/award/s.
- Entries of all films / documentaries (hereafter collectively called Films) shall be accepted only in Online screener. After nomination please send Online screener for download.
- There shall be 10 categories in the festival/award: Feature Fiction, Animation Feature, Documentary Feature, Short Fiction, Short Documentary, Short Animation, Student Film (short fiction, short documentary and short animation), Mobile Film, Ad Film & Delhi Special 10A to 10B.
A) To be eligible for Feature Fiction, Animation Feature, Documentary Feature category competition section, a film must be 45(+) minutes to 180(-) minutes
B) To be eligible for short fiction film, short documentary film, short animation film, and Delhi special (10A to 10B four categories) category competition section, a film must be less than 45 minutes in duration
C) Student film competition section must not exceed duration of more than 45 minutes
D) Mobile film competition section must not exceed duration of more than 45 minutes
E) Ad film competition section must not exceed duration of more than 7 minute
- If language of the film is other than English, it must be dubbed or sub-titled in English.
- Films may be entered by any organization, agency, individual producer or director.
- Selection of films / videos for GIFF 2018 will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- A complete schedule of top selected films in each category shall be put up on the festival website: 2018.
- Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs/BLURAYs/DCP’s related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
- GIFF 2018 would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the Entry and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
- Student / Diploma films / videos cannot be considered as Director’s First film.
- Censorship will not be applicable to any films / videos entered in the festival.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screening) in different cities of India on non-commercial basis.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
- Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film. For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organisers.
- All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate. (Cost of certificate production and courier charges will cover the submitter or Director or producer, if you are attending GIFF please collect, there will be no charges.)
- Anybody can submit one or more than one entry. There is no limit for submission.
- Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
- The Festival proposes to have a maximum of 5 screenings per film as per FIAPF Regulations for non-competitive festivals and competitive specialized festivals which allow for a maximum of 5 screenings per film.
- Online Preview link for Selection
Online preview links of films may also be sent for purposes of selection (selection committee of GIFF 2018) only so as to reach the Festival Director not later than 5th October, 2018. Send online preview link with secure password.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
- Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties.